Photograph above accompanied the August 25, 2019 essay: “Uncovered: Mandatory, tax-funded, ‘Islamic Propaganda’ for teachers” by Bob Unruh for WND.com
The Public Interest Strikes Again: Public Funding For the Teaching of Islam
I will address the topic of our headline by answering the following five questions: What, Why, Where, When, and How.
What – is the program that is of so much concern?
The program of concern is a mandatory 2-day teacher-training program of Islamic propaganda where Islam is glorified, Christianity disparaged, and America bashed, all financed with public funds. The program was developed for teachers in Michigan’s Novi Community Schools District. The district “presented no teacher-training seminars on Christianity, Judaism or any other religion.”
The program “training” was conducted by Huda Essa, a self-proclaimed expert on “cultural competency.” An investigation by the Thomas More Law Center of Ann Arbor, Michigan revealed that: “Essa provided no truthful information on Sharia law and jihad, two of the most important aspects of Islam. All references to terrorism were dismissed as having nothing to do with Islam.” Essa suggested that “White Christian males are more dangerous than Islamic radicals.”
Why – should citizens of the Novi Community Schools District and Americans in general be alarmed about this development?
1. The program is full of lies and distortions and is intended to be passed on as “truth” to unsuspecting students.
2. The proper function of an educational program is systematic development of a child’s rational faculty, NOT indoctrination.
3. It is the height of IMMORALITY to force parents to pay (via taxes) to have their children indoctrinated with values that they themselves do not agree with. Children belong to the PARENTS, not the SCHOOL DISTRICT.
4. If they can get away with this outrage in a public school district in Michigan, then any public school district in the U.S. is potentially vulnerable to this sort of indoctrination if the purveyors of the program can sell it as being in the “public interest.”
Where else and When in the U.S. has this sort of indoctrination taken place on the taxpayer’s dime?
Huda Essa’s training program via the company Culture Links, LLC has been presented to teachers and instructors at colleges and schools in Michigan, California, Georgia, Texas, and Florida among other states. The program in Michigan took place in 2019. The time frames for the other programs cannot be directly verified by the company since it gives no contact information on its website.
How can this destructive use of the public interest principle and the resulting indoctrination of unsuspecting students be stopped?
By acting on as many of the following four suggestions as possible:
1. Read the article by Bob Unruh of WND.com, “Uncovered: Mandatory, tax-funded, ‘Islamic propaganda’ for teachers” for the full factual basis that the material discussed in the present essay has been based on.
2. Support the Code of Ethics project developed by the David Horowitz Center (https://www.davidhorowitzfreedomcenter.org). The Code of Ethics project is a nine point plan for state legislators to set up an independent board of accountability for K-12 teachers for the purpose of putting an end to the brainwashing of America’s youth. The Horowitz Center is working with key lawmakers in states across the country to champion legislation based on the Code. So far, they have met with 24 legislators and staffs. And bills based on the Code have been introduced in four states—Arizona, Maine, South Dakota and Virginia.
3. Become more familiar with how the public interest principle has been misused in the past to cause enormous damage to the U.S. and also how it can be prevented from doing so in the future by purchasing ROAR’s first publication a short (38 p.), easy to read booklet – Solving America’s Greatest Conflict: The Public Interest vs. Private Rights, available in electronic and paper formats at Amazon Books.
4. Share this essay widely on social media as well as with your personal/professional network.