What We Do
ROAR’s mission is to restore the foundation of rights and individualism in the U.S. and begin reversing the misguided policies, laws, and regulations inconsistent with that foundation that are adversely affecting our lives, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. For first-time visitors and those unfamiliar with why and how America’s foundation of individual rights has been damaged, we recommend beginning with Our Defining Spirit essay.
Issues We Address
- Re-establishing the understanding that America is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy.
- Demonstrating the superiority of principle-based approaches over rule-based approaches to laws and regulations (e.g., property rights approaches for pollution control/remediation issues)
- Developing practical and ethical approaches to political and cultural reform consistent with our foundation of individual rights
- Developing specific proposals to lessen excessive legal/regulatory burdens through the development of initiatives, referendums, and other grassroots-based activities.
- Demonstrating the value of property rights approaches to land, resource use and waste disposal issues.
Benefits We Provide
- Communicating principled, effective ideas and actions to initiate political and cultural reform from an individual rights perspective via written essays, podcasts, blog posts, and in-person speeches.
- Showing how and why arguments for promoting reform from an individual rights perspective should be framed in terms of fundamental personal values to counter the entitlement mentality of the welfare state.
- Demonstrating the viability of grassroots approaches in cultural / political reform
- Countering indoctrination and misinformation in the education system concerning free enterprise, business and industrial practices, and environmentalism
- Providing education programs to counter misinformation on a variety of subjects including:
- Misinformation regarding America’s history and the development of the free enterprise system
- Challenging anti-industrial ideology disguised as science (e.g., climate change theory)
- Showing how energy independence is not a threat to environmental protection.
- Demonstrating why we are not running out of resources or drowning in pollution
- Addressing the definitions of important terms often used as a means to undermine our foundation of individualism such as: “sustainability,” “social justice,” “public interest,” and “equality.”
Mike Gemmell has spoken on a diverse range of topics from addressing environmental issues from a free enterprise perspective to applying the principle of individual rights to business, industrial, and cultural practices. Please call or email us to make arrangements for him to speak to your group. For information on his professional background, please click here.
Podcasts / Webinars
Education / Training
Consulting arrangements are available to develop strategies for developing principle-based approaches to reform including proposals to lessen excessive legal/regulatory burdens through the development of initiatives, referendums, and other approaches. Please call or email us so we can make arrangements to discuss your situation.